Thursday, May 22, 2008

Designing Nicky Ree's presence in Glam World

Recently there has been a lot of controversy and drama surrounding one of Minnu's skins. There has been a debate about whether one of her skins was copied from Danae (on Renderosity), whether this copying was legal, whether it was moral, and who said what where. I have been very busy working on my recent releases, so I only started reading the details about this recently.

This drama has lasted for a few weeks now and it doesn't look like it will end soon. I think this is something to work out between Minnu and Danae. I think both are talented designers in their own right, so I hope they can come to a good resolution.

Designing Nicky Ree has an outlet in Minnu's Glam World. I have decided to remove my outlet there. This has two reasons:

* I have now spent enough time reading about this in several blogs and forums. I have decided these discussions are not a productive way to spend my time. The presence of my store in Glam World inevitably involves me in this debate, and I do not want to be caught up in this debate.

* As someone who has had their content illegally reused, I care very much about the problem of content theft. I do not know whether content theft took place here; the legal and moral aspects of this case seem complicated to me. I don't think I have much that is useful to add to this debate. I have decided to possibly err on the side of caution, and thus withdraw my presence in Glam World.

I hope both Minnu and Danae will resolve this in a good way.

I sincerely hope this will be my last contribution to this discussion.


Sincerely
Nicky Ree

No comments: