Friday, April 04, 2008

New DMCA SENT against aDiva



Please note I do NOT SELL my illustrated TGA files or have never sold my illustrated TGA files to anyone. If anyone is using or reselling any TGA files that are of my illustrated works, they are doing it illegally and should be stopped.

I was told by several customers that Annejoy Paine had once again infringed upon my copyright on textures I had filed DMCA in the past in the year 2007.

Annejoy Paine of aDiva has once again used textures taken from my Julia and Spring Romance Collection and most recently my Satin Shine Collection. I made Satin Shine Collection with textures taken from my original Julia and Spring Romance Designs.

Attached with this blog is the pictures I took wearing my original designs and outfits from aDiva.

First, I wore the gowns from my Julia Collection and Satin Shine Collection which has the cut and style I used from my older Spring Romance and shading textures from Julia.

Second, I wore outfits I got from friends who bought from aDiva and shot the pictures in the same lighting, position, focus and scale.

Third, I pasted the pictures on top of each other and the pixel for pixel shading is shown in the simple animation.

Note the exact alignment of the seams, thickness, proportion of the shading. Literally pixel for pixel.

When I first approached Annejoy Paine of aDiva in 2007 when I first found out about the textures, she claimed that she created it from scratched but after further investigation by me, I believe my textures have been infringed upon and filed DMCA. You can read about it in this Link

Annejoy Pain smudged and blended the centre and top shading but she neglected to change the bottom half which makes me believe that she did in some way obtained my illustrated files and is still using them after repeated DMCA against her in 2007 and early 2008.


best regards
Nicky Ree


An update on the DMCA I sent: On the 7th of April 2008. Linden Lab sent a response to me to my DMCA : a portion of the response is pasted below:

Linden Lab has received your notification of copyright infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 512.

After having reviewed your notification:

In compliance with the DMCA, the following work(s) have been expeditiously removed or disabled:

Description of Work(s):
Promise! aDIVA Couture Shimmering wedding gown set


Location of Works(s):
Salerio (73,87,21)
Pearly (7,169,24)
Global City (58,141,23)
Dutch Beach Resort (70,138,21)
Driscoll (98,213,86)
Isle of Lesbos (4,62,23)
Rat Run (180,219,21)
McCoy Island (111,89,250)
Tefnut (248,147,67)
Gold Beach (42,214,22)
Kings Plaza (111,111,24)


Sincerely,

Linden Lab Copyright Agent





10 comments:

Georgette Whitfield said...

I cannot believe she's still doing this. She must have no shame!

What I don't understand about these thieves is that they know enough Photoshop to be able to design their own stuff if they wanted, so why steal? Don't they realise they'd make a lot more money in the long run by creating 100% original stuff?

Anonymous said...

We will keep supporting you Nicky. Don't be frustrated. You are the true artist.

Georgette, yes that thief keep stealing from not just Nicky but many more good texture drawing designers. And then said in magazine & blog that how talent she is and how "old fashioned" we are in believing steal others work is illegal. Then use an ancient time DRAMA to attack others in order to increase her publicity.

SO after these, do you think that the one who sell all stolen works and say these stupid words will know what the meaning of "shame" is?

well yes they know enough Photoshop but they have NO CREATIVE & BAD TASTE so how can they make their own? All they can do is steal those who famous & sell good in Second Life. Then sell it in real high price to earn their dirty money.

They are just a big Lier & believe no one can catch them. Just stupid people will believe them.

Let's pray all bad luck, bad things, serious disease, awful accidents, sad things go to these thieves!

All designers let's group together & show what that Thieves copied from you just like what NICKY did in her blog so we can help spread the word out instead of just in this small community!

SUE this thief now!

Anonymous said...

If you're so good, why don't you make some new textures?...You use the same textures for ALL your dresses, make something new or shut up...You know others are capable to do the same things as you..running around accusing everyone of stealing isn't helping that much. I know u're probably going to delete my comment but hey...u need to check what your priorities are.

Nicky Ree said...

Dear anonymous

I will leave your comment here, as I want everyone to see it - so see what kind of person I am dealing with.

thanks anonymous for posting :)- care to put your name on it?

best regards
Nicky Ree

Georgette Whitfield said...

Did you know she has her own blog now too? Link here. I am going to do a big post on this on my blog, 'cos I've had enough of this person.

Anonymous said...

I wrote in my german blog (http://momola.wordpress.com) about all this and received two very insulting comments from.... whoever.... which I deleted immediatley.

I will support you furthermore against this´theft.

Tenshi said...

Why is it taking LL so long to just shut this avatar down? Obviously she's a bit of a menace.

Truth said...

I think sometimes in life its nice to swear....
This is truly FUCKED UP!
and Anon No.2 tell me your name so I can ban you from my sim please! what a complete FUCKTARD!

aDiva pfffft aDickhead! It really blows my mind this shit just make YOUR own things!!! LEARN!! read tutorials on PS not CopyBot instructions! just appreciate others work... this quick buck mentality in here is getting olddddd!

OK i feel better I hope it makes you feel a bit better Nicky lol talk soon!

P.S. those gowns!!! hooott god damn your gown abilities!

Shattered said...

Anon #2, Nicky making new textures does not change the fact that the cheat is still using stolen work, is still BREAKING THE LAW.

It also doesn't matter if people are capable of doing the same work as Nicky - if they're so capable, they should actually try doing it then instead of stealing.

Sascha Frangilli said...

Hi Nicky and Anonymous One (yes One, not Two!

I totally agree that stealing the seams and shading of your designs totally suck.

However Ano 1, wishing upon someone (or anyone) serious illness, awful accidents etc. is in my mind an extremely stupid and nasty thing and totally out of line with what is happening here. Think before you write and wish such awful things upon ANYONE!

Sascha Frangilli