Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Vanishing System Skirt Brought to you by LL.

Hi Everybody.

I have heard and had many messages from various friends, fellow designers and customers that sometimes their system skirt just won't rezz or let them wear it.

This is a issue that has been raised many times since the recent update to the new client which has windlight.

You can read about this issue in http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-2778
Do vote there to stress the importance that they get this fixed quick.

Meanwhile these are the couple of suggestions: clear cache, relog, tp to another sim - perhaps a mainland sim, wear the outfit, do a character rebake. Sometimes going to another sim ( whose server is situated in another place ) helps solve this and allows you to wear prims and clothes and rezz again.

So until LL fixes this, that is the only suggestion I can give.

cheers
Nicky Ree

3 comments:

Samara Barzane said...

I've also had luck with removing the skirt and re-wearing it while in edit/appearance.

Anonymous said...

according to LL they think it has something to do with network issues, so if you are on a wireless connection switch to wired, which may (or may not!) help...but worth a shot.

(I've personally never yet seen this issue on my end, but I had someone tell me the other day they couldn't see my skirt! So wear your glitch pants or purty undies girls!)

Nicky Ree said...

Another Tip - go to edit appearance mode, then remove the skirt and then wear it again and do a rebake texture (Ctrl-Alt-R) while still in edit appearance mode. This seems to work for some of my customers.